How to make Saline Rinse
Stock mixture: 1 cup non-iodized (sea) salt + 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Put ½ teaspoon of stock mixture into Sinus Rinse Bottle or Neti pot, fill it with warm filtered or bottled water.
- Fit cap of bottle snug against nostril, keep other nostril and mouth open to allow drainage. If ears hurt, pant. Alternate sides till bottle empty.
- When finished, tuck chin to chest and reach over towards the toes. The nasal cavity will drain better that way.
- Allow at least one hour before bedtime when you do the rinse.
- To improve drainage: pretreat with over-the-counter Mucinex 2 hours before using the rinse bottle.